
Well, it was back to work today after a week's vacation, but I made good use of the weekend! Friday I began cleaning out my garage. A job that was long overdue, despite a bit of progress I made last summer. I'm happy to say that, thanks to CraigsList, Freecycle, and Chris, I was able to get rid of two couches, a bike, a foosball table, a bag of fabric and patterns, an old table I had on the patio, a dusty old box fan, and 5 years' worth of old National Geographic magazines. I also took a car trunk and back seat full of stuff to Goodwill. I'm not finished yet, but wow do things look different now than they did three days ago!
The weekend wasn't all work, though, as I played all three evenings! Friday I celebrated with 9 friends (see photo) at Salmon Creek Brew Pub. There was beer, appetizers, cards, gifts, and just a lot of fun.
Saturday evening my friend Kent had me over to his house for dinner. Kent worked at the Foundation about 7 years ago, but these days we only see each other once or twice a year, so it was a lot of fun to visit with him and catch up on things. And dinner was delicious: lentil pate with baguettes, vegetable toad-in-the-hole (sauted and steamed fresh veggies on a bit of a batter/dumpling-type crust), and homemade peach pie. Oh, and mojitos. It was delicious!
Sunday afternoon Dad, Mark and Chris came to my house for a visit. We chatted for a while and had some snacks, then went over to the Refectory in Portland for their Sunday night blues jam and half-price food and drinks. It was definitely nice to spend the last evening of my vacation with family.
No comments:
Post a Comment