Sunday, May 3, 2009

Ann Coulter

I love books by liberal women authors with a sense of humor. I just started a book called Made from Scratch by Jenna Woginrich. The author talks about how even a person with a full-time office job, living in an apartment can live the handmade, "homesteader" life. Her first step towards this way of life is to be a chicken owner. She happily and excitedly brings home her first three, full-grown chickens, only to wake up the next morning to one of them loudly squawking. Worried that the neighbors are going to call the police, she tries everything to calm and quiet the chicken down. When nothing works, she sets the chicken down in frustration, leaves it to explore on its own, and names her Ann Coulter.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Hey, a new blog post and a picture, too! What were you doing in the picture? I will get that book when it comes back into the library--sounds like fun reading.