That sounds really flavorful, if a bit bizarre. :) I am ambivalent about beets and feta: they can be really good when the mood is right, but at other times not so much. But I think I will have to try this salad sometime.
You know what kind of salad I just had for dinner at Fuji? It was a seaweed salad, which I had never tried before, and which was actually not so good. The seaweed was really salty and chewy, and somehow a bit upsetting when I gave it too much thought--from time to time I almost started to gag. It wasn't awful tasting or anything, but just too adventurous for me, I suppose.
They also serve edamame at that restaurant, which I know you've said is good, so I may have to try it the next time I stop in. I always like to get their spicy tuna rolls and some other side dish, which I tend to vary. Seaweed salad wasn't a winner, but maybe edamame will be.
Yes, I would say that "adventurous" is a good word for seaweed salad. Good for you for trying it. I imagine it's probably healthy, and perhaps an acquired taste.
Yes, edamame is delicious! I've been buying frozen bags of it, in the shell, and cooking it for a wonderful snack. I think the trick is to not overcook it--just get it hot, don't cook it as long as the package says--and to put a lot of salt in the water. The salt probably isn't terribly healthy, but it sure makes it tasty!
Anonymous commenting is enabled, but whether that's new or not, I'm not sure. There are a bunch of settings that I can change; I was browsing through them the other day and may very well have changed something.
5 comments:
Sounds very good--only need to get the feta.
That sounds really flavorful, if a bit bizarre. :) I am ambivalent about beets and feta: they can be really good when the mood is right, but at other times not so much. But I think I will have to try this salad sometime.
You know what kind of salad I just had for dinner at Fuji? It was a seaweed salad, which I had never tried before, and which was actually not so good. The seaweed was really salty and chewy, and somehow a bit upsetting when I gave it too much thought--from time to time I almost started to gag. It wasn't awful tasting or anything, but just too adventurous for me, I suppose.
They also serve edamame at that restaurant, which I know you've said is good, so I may have to try it the next time I stop in. I always like to get their spicy tuna rolls and some other side dish, which I tend to vary. Seaweed salad wasn't a winner, but maybe edamame will be.
Yes, I would say that "adventurous" is a good word for seaweed salad. Good for you for trying it. I imagine it's probably healthy, and perhaps an acquired taste.
Yes, edamame is delicious! I've been buying frozen bags of it, in the shell, and cooking it for a wonderful snack. I think the trick is to not overcook it--just get it hot, don't cook it as long as the package says--and to put a lot of salt in the water. The salt probably isn't terribly healthy, but it sure makes it tasty!
Perhaps an acquired...texture, indeed. So odd.
But anyway, I must try the edamame. I didn't realize it was a thing one cooked, but sounds good that way, too.
Did you just enable anonymous commenting?
Anonymous commenting is enabled, but whether that's new or not, I'm not sure. There are a bunch of settings that I can change; I was browsing through them the other day and may very well have changed something.
Post a Comment