"The best fiction always forced us to question what we took for granted. It questioned traditions and expectations when they seemed too immutable." "A great novel heightens your senses and sensitivity to the complexities of life and of individuals, and prevents you from the self-righteousness that sees morality in fixed formulas about good and evil..."
These are quotes by Azar Nafisi from her book Reading Lolita in Tehran, A Memoir in Books describing some of the reasons why she believes literature is important, why it should not be censored, and why she enjoys reading fiction so much. I wish I was as articulate as she is; all I can say is that I agree.
1 comment:
This reminds me a little of the movie Unveiled, which I watched the other day. It's a pretty interesting story.
And I love it when I come across a quote that I can agree with whole-heartedly.
Post a Comment